One of the things that goes hand in hand with family rifts is not knowing what you are missing. While I had known of Reg, I never knew of, or even gave thought to his family. It really hit me when I met Victoria that there is a whole branch of our family tree out there that we don't really know. And I guess another of those things that goes hand in hand with this kind of family issue is that even though nothing bad was ever said to you about the other branch of that tree, finding out that they don't have three heads and an inbuilt desire to hate you is surprising. But it shouldn't be.
I guess that if I was to ask to meet someone that was to depict that this branch was one full of shiny red apples, I couldn't have asked for someone better than Victoria to show me. Although we didn't chat much, she exudes happiness, a kind heart and warm welcoming air.
No comments:
Post a Comment