Tuesday, April 13, 2010

No. 116 - PHILIP

Philip and I worked together in the city.

I've worked with a lot of people throughout my time at the city store, but Philip would have to be one of my favourites, someone I'd prefer to call a friend rather than a workmate.

Philip and I spent a lot of lunch breaks discussing all kinds of things, mostly our homelives. Philip's situation for a long while was much the same as mine, our partner's were the main breadwinners, hard workers and go-getters in their respective fields. Also, Philip is American so we could chat about US/Canadian vs Australian things like capsicums/peppers, glandular fever/mono.

I remember working with Philip in the early days and thinking who is this weird guy, as you do before you get to know someone. I quickly came to know that he has a heart of gold, will stick up for what he believes, has an uncanny knack for befriending every store manager, will support others around him no matter what, will get a job done - fast, loves a laugh, will fill you in on the latest gossip, knows every Simpsons episode backwards, and owns every one of those 8 pepsi can's around the store and that they are probably his breakfast...hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment