Monday, April 12, 2010

No. 115 - SMORGASBORD

Almost 19 years ago today I learnt the word "smorgasbord". We were on day 35 of our 53 day holiday (thanks old journal) around half of Australia and were spending our first night at an awesome caravan park in Airlie Beach.

My Dad remembers this day best as he's always referring to it. My journal entry for that day however doesn't play it up nearly enough. I had never been to any such restaurant before and was amazed that I could pick and choose what I wanted and that I could go back again and again. I'm one of those people that likes to try a little of everything, or at least everything that appeals to me, so this was ideal! These days smorgasbords or buffets tend to be tacky or insanely expensive. And I think my waistline or lack there of should steer clear unless it's a fruit bar!

No comments:

Post a Comment