Tuesday, April 27, 2010

No. 130 - MR W.

Mr. W was a teacher at my school in rural Victoria (grades 3.5 - 5.5). Those were the days when you had one teacher all year. Mr. W wasn't one of my teachers but for part of my time at that school he taught in the library. He was a big joker, someone the kids loved.

I remember a trip to the local hospital for some kind of excursion. On the walk there he walked up and down alongside all of the students, keeping everyone in line. I remember tripping on a piece of concrete and he said "are you falling for me?" Obviously not meaning anything, but just very quick to turn an embarrassing moment into a funny one.

Many years ago, a while after we moved away Mr. W. passed away quite young, cancer I believe. Some of my family still live in that town, infact my Aunt is good friend's with Mr. W's wife and I think my cousin is friend's with his daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment