Friday, April 2, 2010

No. 105 - DANIELLE

Danielle and I were good childhood friends. I think our Mum's met at the local health centre, which is where they established a Mum's Group (Mum's groups are a God send!).

I find it funny how memories come to you in small snippets. I remember stepping on a piece of cold pineapple on the lawn in Danielle's backyard. I remember that she loved Clix biscuits. I also remember us having a nap together, maybe a sleep over. We slept at opposite ends of the same bed and she never slept with a pillow. I remember going to the zoo and drinking cans of softdrink - mine was Fanta, Danielle's was Coke. And I remember that for the longest time, and possibly still, my Mum's photos from that outing were kept in a brown paper bag with crayon writing on the front.

The last time we saw each other would have been around 1990, when Danielle's family visited us in rural Victoria. I remember her telling me that she kept herself occupied on the journey up by lying on the back seat (hopefully strapped in!) and reading a book. Looking down at any book in the car, even for 30 seconds makes me feel sick!

Our parent's still send Christmas cards but we never hear what they have been up to during the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment