Saturday, April 17, 2010

No. 120 - KYLIE

Kylie and I went to school together for 2 years when we were about 8.

At school you tend to have a mix of friend's, as in life I guess. Kylie wasn't one of the weird ones, or the attention seeking ones, or the geeks. She was kind, happy, pretty and friendly.

I remember attending Kylie's birthday party one year. We had to come with a fancy dress hat. This is where I realise how alike in our weirdness my Mum and I are. We both thought it was a fantastic idea to sew googly eyes on her beanie, circa. 1970 something, and use a crochet hook to pull bits of my hair through it. I didn't win any prizes but for the pain I should have received a medal!

A few years ago, on one of our visits so see my Grandparent's (Dad's folks), who still live in the town we lived in when I was 8, I ran into Kylie. She's married now and looks great. Not only that, she works at the best pub in town! And that's saying something = )

No comments:

Post a Comment