When I was younger Grandma lived by the sea and I remember taking walks along the beach near her house with her sausage dog, I think his name was Hansel. The smell there is one that I know will bring back so many memories if we ever go there again.
If you know me at all, most of my memories are food related - it's terrible, but true! Grandma used to have a red glass bowl (with a handle) that she kept her Minties in. I'm sure that after every one of our visits she had to refill it. Grandma also kept a bowl (I think it was wooden) of walnuts on her coffee table. I think that this is where my love with walnuts in the shell came from. To this day they are the biggest treat and only this past Christmas we finally bought a nutcracker to get those little treasures open.
The rest of my memories of Grandma are from visits to my Nan's house. Playing cards was our favourite thing to do during a visit. I think what we liked most was that it bought all the generations together around the dinner table. Grandma had a few rules and no eating while playing was one of them. Apparently she was very pedantic about sticky children's fingers on the deck. It's funny, because at the time I didn't know that, but I do remember her saying "these cards are sticky".
No comments:
Post a Comment