Ian is Kevin's cousin, Amie's brother.
One particular meeting comes to mind when I remember Ian. On our last visit to Canada, Kevin's Aunt Anne had a few of the cousins over for dinner. It was wonderful. Great food, great company and a great night. Clearly these cousins had lots of memories of visiting each other as children but this was possibly the first they had together as adults.
I remember chatting to Ian's girlfriend Cassie who is so down to earth and super super nice. I can't recall her profession but she is very much into baking. Something I would have loved to talk about a lot more.
I know that I've already talked about remembering that exact moment in time when you learnt a particular lesson. It's the kind of moment where you remember every detail, who was there, who told you and it's the kind of lesson that you never forget. While it might be small, the thing that Ian taught me that I will never forget is that "if you cook something in a cast iron pot, the food will be higher in iron than if you cooked it in any other pot".
Ian has a wealth of information ~ very smart guy for sure and pretty funny!!! Cassie doesn't work - she stays at home. I think she'd love to be an at-home mom and maybe open a bakery. Her food is delicious and everything is made from scratch :)
ReplyDelete**Oh --- you don't get an F~ it's hard to balance everything and you should be so proud that you write everyday!! It takes a lot of time and I'm sure it's not as easy as some would think juggling family and everything else!!
ReplyDeleteD