Thursday, March 4, 2010

No. 76 - NORM

Norm and I worked together in the city.

Norm is one of those people that believe in customer service. Working in retail is a lot about that balance of serving customers and getting your work done too. It's often the tale that there aren't enough staff to get the jobs done, so customer service lacks. In Norm's case it was the other way round, which as a customer can be a good thing.

Norm often got in trouble for working the way he believes things should be done. So much so that I feel he was treated poorly. I believe in treating others the same way you would want to be treated yourself. Everyone in life is different and obviously that translates into the workplace. Some people require you to work differently with them to inspire the best in them and that's one of the things I loved about working with so many people from all walks of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment