I have snippets of memories visiting Barbara's house in Melbourne when I was younger. She's a keen dog lover and always had at least 2 dogs in huge big runs out the back. To my recollection the yard was massive with lots of tall trees and I remember many leaves on the ground. I also remember thinking it was super cool that my brother had a water bed - we are talking the 80's.
Barbara and her hubby Pete are vegetarian. It would be quite easy for them to make a big deal about attending a BBQ but I admire the fact that they just bring along their own food to BBQ and don't mind using the same grill plate that has just cooked a few dozen bits of meat. Barbara has worked a lot in pub kitchens and as far as I'm aware doesn't mind cooking meat. I admire the control that takes - if I can't eat something I can't cook it either!
No comments:
Post a Comment