Wednesday, May 5, 2010

No. 138 - RACHEL

Rachel was my optometrist, until she moved too far away. If you read this post, you will know that any healthcare professional that tells me what I want to hear is my hero. Maybe this isn't the best way to choose my healthcare professionals but I do hope it has helped me choose people that have enough experience to know the whole truth and apply some common sense (leading into my dental nightmare story here, due at another time).

I respect Rachel for not trying to do the hard sell on me at my first appointment. I will need glasses one day, but not just yet. Now, I know if she told me it was time for glasses I would trust her.

Rachel also treated me like a person, not a number. She casually chatted and took leads from my answers to continue the conversation and find out more about me. I'm not one to be nervous over optometry appointments but I think in healthcare this kind of personality and warmness from the provider is invaluable in keeping your patients calm and relaxed. *light bulb* Maybe it's not what they say that I like but how they say it.

No comments:

Post a Comment