Monday, May 10, 2010

No. 142 - MRS. M

I was good and wrote this last night but couldn't get online to post it.

Mrs. M was my teacher in grades 1 & 2, at a school in the same town I talked about in my last post. I loved this school, most probably because it was small and rural. While I'm happy I went there for a short time I'm also thankful for the opportunities my education at larger schools provided.

This school had only two teachers, one was the Principal. Mrs M taught Kinder, Year 1 and Year 2. Mr. B taught Years 3-6. Mrs M loved what she did and it showed. I've been to a lot of different schools and had a lot of teachers but by far Mrs. M was my favourite.

I remember when Mrs. M got married. Until that time she was known to us as Miss L. As young silly students we joked that Miss L was going away to some far away land and that Mrs M was coming back. I loved the Australian twist to our classes and education. I bought Brian an Aussie CD just so I could relive my days of singing songs like Botany Bay (link is a YouTube video). All of the classes would come together for these singing sessions. I loved them.

Mrs. M rewarded us with little prizes like erasers, pencils and wooden rulers. I still have a wooden ruler with my name written on it by Mrs M, in her perfect school teacher writing. Not bad for 22 years later!

We continued to stay in contact for a little while after leaving that town. Mrs. M and her hubby Brad had two boys, Harrison and Edward. I still have a photo of the boys, Edward must have been a newborn.

No comments:

Post a Comment