Wednesday, May 5, 2010

No. 137 - FALAK

Falak and I were friends in high school. She was a part of a large group of friends that were the kind of people you would want your kids to associate with. Kind, caring, hard working, not afraid to stand up to peer pressure.

Before we go any further, we had this thing in high school, as teen girls do, that we called each other by our names spelled backwards, so really I know Falak best as Kalaf.

I can't remember exactly what classes Kalaf and I shared together but I do remember her as a wonderful, intelligent, caring person. Towards the end of high school Kalaf started to always wear long sleeves. Now I'm not sure if it was a new found religious belief, an age specific religious belief or maturing enough to not be afraid to show who you really are, but I always admired this about Kalaf. In a world where most teens follow others blindlessly into any and everything, Kalaf was strong enough of a person to show her true self, no matter what others would say.

No comments:

Post a Comment