My first time really working with Anders was on this film. Anders was First Assistant Director (1st AD) and I was Production Manager (PM). On real films the 1st AD and PM work closely together on the production schedule and Anders was adamant about doing this film right. I'm thinking it was the control freak in him that made him do it. Although I must say working with him was wonderful.
When it comes to film I work my ass off, give full attention to every detail and am a perfectionist at every step (much unlike my blog = ]) It was such a blessing to work with someone that was more of a perfectionist than me. Truth be known it was stress relieving to know that I didn't have to be the one to make sure there were capitals where there should be capitals, that the font was the correct size, etc., etc. Once we had something figured out I just sat back and watched Anders perfect. If you have ever worked with someone that compliments the way you work you will know what I mean.
The other thing I learned about Anders is that he has a heart of gold. Kind and caring. I think most of us formed a special bond with the Norwegian students and it broke most of our hearts when they had to go home (after finishing their degrees). I've reconnected with Anders (via Facebook of course) and am happy to say he's now married with two kids and has been a high school media studies teacher and a sports journalist. He's living a good life.
No comments:
Post a Comment