The hunt to find the perfect person to make our cake was, as with most weddings, a long process. At the time Judy made cakes out of her home for weddings and local cafes. Her chocolate cake was divine, her price was right, and she was happy to be inspired by the picture we gave her. But best of all I was more than comfortable to let her do what she does best. There is nothing like finding talent, trusting it and letting go of your control.
We also shared an uncanny six degrees of separation. Sitting in her house, I looked up and noticed a Cybergirl poster on her wall. Cybergirl was at the time an Australian children's television series. The previous year I had attended a film course taught by the Production Manager of Cybergirl and we used the script as our case study. It turns out that Judy's daughter was one of the actors on the series.
Today Judy has her own store in Ashgrove. It's wonderful to see where talent can take you.
I know you don't post pics on here --- so can you send me some wedding pics to look at? I did get a couple shots of the two of you - but not the cake.... would love to look at them. I LOVE looking at wedding pics... I think I pull mine out atleast twice a year.
ReplyDeleteD
Beautiful cake - you both look so young!! Crazy how much has happened between now and then!!
ReplyDeleteD