Monday, January 25, 2010

No. 38 - ROSALIE

I met Rosalie almost a year ago when we joined Playgroup. She is Mum to Jemma, who is 3.5 and later this year will add another bundle of joy to the family.

Rosalie is one of those wonderful women that exudes motherhood in every way possible. The kind of person that other mothers aspire to be. I am most thankful for all of the fantastic advice Rosalie has given me. In the first few weeks attending Playgroup I got a good insight of what it's like to be a Mum to older children and the ins and outs of birthday party planning etiquette. All those lessons that now I do not have to learn the hard way!

One of the coolest ideas Rosalie has shared with me is a photo book idea. When Jemma was younger, Rosalie went around the house taking photos of the everyday items in Jemma's life. She then put them in a small photo album and labelled each photo, "bath", "milk", "toilet", etc. This way Jemma could learn basic words and associate them with her own environment. It's a fabulous idea and a low cost one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment