Gill is my Mum's oldest brother, my Grandparent's first born. He is a horticulturist by trade and to him it's most certainly not a job, but his lifelong love. Dad always tells the story that Gill, would only knock on the door of our home in Melbourne after he'd first pruned the entire front yard!
I remember back when I was in primary school we visited Captain Cook's Cottage in the Fitroy Gardens. I was both surprised and proud to run into my uncle who was working there.
Another of my earlier memories of Gill is walking in the back door to my Grandparent's home and seeing the fish on the wall in Gill's room, which was the sunroom by the backdoor. Clearly the fishing gene didn't pass down to me as I don't know the type of fish but I do know there must be a good story to go with it.
Gill is a man of many hidden talents, most of which I'm sure I don't know about. I do know he can grow anything, he can draw, he likes music, he has a good sense of humour and that he loves to fish. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I also suspect he's a good cook. Instinct tells me he's cooking talents lie with the more traditional dishes.
Saturday, January 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment