Tuesday, February 2, 2010

No. 46 - JAYLENE

Jaylene is Kevin's cousin, his Mum's sister's daughter.

Jaylene is a happy, fun person. I'm thinking it's the blood from her Mum's (and Kevin's Mum's) side of the family. I first met her when we were in Canada for Darlene and Jeremy's wedding. Their wedding seemed to be a bit of a reconnection for all of the cousins. Cousins that had faint memories of playing together as children, but were now creating new memories as adults. I'm not sure where exactly, or when I heard this story but I recall Chad (one of the cousins) talking about Jaylene coming to town. I'm pretty sure he was joking when he implied he wasn't looking forward to the visit. It turns out that Chad and Jaylene (in their new adult lives) got on like bestest buds from long ago. I don't share that kind of a connection with any of my cousins as our ages differ so much, but it was nice to watch.

The last time we saw Jaylene was late 2007 when she stayed with us for a short time as part of a backpacking adventure around the world. It was great to see her again and we were happy she included Brisbane in her travels. The biggest shock I got when seeing Jaylene was her luggage. For backpacking around the world for months she had a tiny little bag. I'm known to take more when I leave the house with Brian!! I don't know how she did it but it worked for her.


No comments:

Post a Comment